It is among the most evil blockers as it spreads every move you do not clear it. It can also avert specials. Chocolate can be eaten by breaking the candies adjacent to it, or through any special candy's effects reaching the chocolate.
There are two types of chocolate: brown (let’s just call it milk) and white. Milk chocolate is introduced in episode 7, Honey Garden, along with Chocolate Levels. White chocolate is introduced in episode 10, Candycane Isle. The milk and white chocolate coexist in the same level starting from episode 15, Wafer Workshop.
Types of chocolate
|Image||Name||First appearance||Hits to take||Growth rate (square)|
|Brown Chocolate||Level 31
(Now Level 76)
|Locked Brown Chocolate||Level 45
|White Chocolate||Level 121||1||1 - 2|
|Level 121||2||1 - 2|
|Locked White Chocolate||Level 201||2||1 - 2|
|Locked White Chocolate
|Level 135||3||1 - 2|
Life is a box of chocolate: Can you ever get enough of chocolate?
Eat 3,000 chocolate.
- The brown chocolate has the words Candy Crush inscribed in it. The white chocolate (2 layers) has the letter C inscribed in it.
- Both labels are written in the Candice Font, which is the same font used for Candy Crush Saga.
- This can be broken if a color bomb or fish candy hits an adjacent candy.
- The white chocolate will be broken completely if a candy fish hits it directly, even if it's two-layered white chocolate.
- Chocolate appears only in chocolate type levels, but in Candy Crush Saga, it can appear in any type of level.
- The brown chocolate is similar to a chocolate in Candy Crush Saga.
- In a level with both chocolate types, if you eat the milk chocolate during a move, and only the milk chocolate, the white chocolate will still multiply because it wasn't cleared. The same is true vice-versa.
- If a chocolate is cleared:
- On PC, the icon will break, heal again and the counter is counted.
- On mobile, counter only counts.
- Unlike locked chocolate in Candy Crush Saga (introduced in Episode 72), you must remove the Lock by using special candy. However, in Candy Crush Soda, you can remove it by matching candies instead (much easier).
- On some devices (especially PC and mobile), the brown chocolate is darker.
- As of a recent update, the white chocolate icon is used if a level only requires white chocolate.
- The original game has dark chocolate instead of white chocolate. It behaves similarly to white chocolate, except it has three layers and can't grow more layers than there are on the board (so if all three-layered dark chocolate is reduced to two-layered, the third layer can't regrow).
- The achievement above is referencing Forrest Gump.
- In later updates, chocolate can spread only in biscuits. When all the chocolate gets eaten inside, the entire biscuit also gets eaten as well, reducing one layer of blockers.
|Candy Crush Soda Saga Blockers|