Candies are the main item in Candy Crush Soda Saga. There are regular candies, which come in 7 different colours, and have the same effect. There are special candies, which are created by forming special configurations, and other special candies that appear on later levels but cannot be created. Each one has its own effect.
There are two main types of candies:
- Regular candies - green, purple, yellow, orange, red, cyan, blue, and dark purple.
- Special candies - created by forming special combinations. Each has its own effect.
- Bottles - green, purple, yellow, orange, red, cyan and blue.
In Soda and Bubble levels, regular and special candies can form matching combinations together with bottles. The each of original 7 regular candies (red, blue, green, yellow, orange, cyan, and purple) is linked to a specific type of bottle that matches the colour and resembles the shape of the corresponding candy. When forming matching combinations, bottles behave as regular candies in destroying candies, forming special candies, or activating special candies.
These are the regular candies. Match at least three of them (or two candies with one bottle / one candy with two bottles of the same colour) in a row to destroy candies, and earn some points.
Until the 26th episode (Magic Mirror) was released, there were seven different colours and shapes of regular candies:
When Magic Mirror was released, (Purple Jelly/Violet/Dark Purple) was introduced. It has a regular effect when matching three of . However, it has powerful special properties when matched into special candies, usually equivalent of combining two special candies of the same kind. Additionally, it is its own candy color.
|First Level||Last Level||#|
These are the candies that are created by forming special combinations. Each has its own effect, which can help a player pass a level.
|Candy Fish||It helps you to accomplish the level goal, by destroying one tile.||4-5 candies/bottles of the same colour in a 2x2-3 square|
|Striped Candy||Clears an entire row or column, depending on the direction of the stripes.||4 candies/bottles of the same color in a row/column|
|Wrapped Candy||Clears the surrounding eight tiles, activates twice.||5 or 6 candies/bottles of the same color in T, L, or + shape|
|Color Bomb||Destroys all regular candies or bottles of the same color.||5 candies/bottles of the same color in a row/column|
|Coloring Candy||Transforms all candies/bottles of the color you matched it with to its color.||6 candies/bottles in a T shape|
- Level 82, 152, 233, 263, 1234 and 1256 are the levels that have the least colors with only three.
- Level 380, 1028, 1043 and 1432 are the levels that have all eight colors.
- The candies can be seen on Candy Town over world map.
- Purple jelly candy or the eighth candy is also seen in Candy Crush Jelly Saga.
- At the start of the game there were seven different candy colors, one more than the original Candy Crush. Later, another color has been added, leading people to wonder if there will be a 7th candy color added to the original Candy Crush, or even another new color to the game.
- Every candy in the game has an animation.
- After April 16 2018, the fall speed of candies is faster than usual.
- Six color levels usually exclude blue candies.
- Five color levels usually exclude blue and purple candies.
- The order of the precedence of candy colors is cyan, yellow, orange, green, red, purple, then blue.
- However, two or one-color levels never appear in the game.