Candies are the main Element in Candy Crush Soda Saga. There are regular candies, which come in 7 different colours, and have the same effect. There are special candies, which are created by forming special configurations, and other special candies that appear on later levels but cannot be created. Each one has its effect.
There are two main types of candies:
- Regular candies - cyan, orange yellow, green, red, purple, blue, and black.
- Special candies - created by forming special combinations. Each has its own unique effect.
- Bottles - cyan, orange yellow, green, red, purple, blue.
In such levels, regular and special candies can form matching combinations together with bottles. Each of the original 7 regular candies is linked to a specific type of bottle with matching color and resembles the shape of the corresponding candy. When forming matching combinations, bottles behave as regular candies.
These are the regular candies. Match at least three of them (or two candies with one bottle / one candy with two bottles of the same colour) in a row to destroy candies, and earn some points.
Until the 26th episode (Magic Mirror) was released, there were seven different colours and shapes of regular candies:
Upon the release of Magic Mirror, (Purple Jelly/Violet/Dark Purple/Black) was introduced. It has no effect when matching three. However, it has powerful special properties when matched into specials, usually equivalent to combining two special candies of the same kind.
|First Level||Last Level||#|
These are the candies that are created by forming special combinations. Each has its effect, which can help a player pass a level.
|Candy Fish||It helps you accomplish the level goal faster by destroying one tile part of the goal.
(Note that they sometimes target blockers first, if any.)
|2x2 square. Can contain an extra Candy/Bottle.|
|Striped Candy||Clears an entire row/column, depending on how it was matched.||4 candies/bottles of the same color in a row/column|
|Wrapped Candy||Clears the surrounding eight tiles, activates twice.||5 candies/bottles of the same color in T, L, or (only cascading) + shape|
|Color Bomb||Destroys all regular candies or bottles of the same color.||5 candies/bottles of the same color in a row/column|
|Coloring Candy||Transforms all candies/bottles of the color you matched it with to its color.||6 or 7 candies/bottles in a T shape|
- Levels 46, 82, 152, 233, 263, 1234 and 1256 are the levels that have the least colors with only three.
- Levels 380, 1028, 1043 and 1432 are the only levels that have all eight colors.
- The candies can be seen on Candy Town Overworld.
- Purple Jelly is also seen in Candy Crush Jelly Saga.
- In the old version at the start of the game, there were seven different candy colors, one more than the original Candy Crush Saga. Later, another color was added, leading people to wonder if there would be a 7th candy color added to the original Candy Crush, or even another to the game.
- Every candy has a unique animation.
- After April 16, 2018, the fall speed of candies is faster.
- Six color levels usually exclude blues. Five color levels usually exclude blues and purples.
- The order of the precedence of candy colors is cyan, yellow, orange, green, red, purple, then blue.
- However, one or two-color levels never appear in the game unlike Candy Crush.
- Candy colors can be added onto the board during Sugar Crush if cascades go on for a long time. This is used to prevent excessively long cascades.
- This feature also works in Candy Crush Jelly Saga.