Blockers, more commonly known as obstacles, are very common elements in Candy Crush Soda Saga that prevent the player from reaching a level goal. They usually take up a tile or can even much of an area.
Properties vary, but may include:
- avert accessibility (e.g. Licorice Locks).
- occupy a tile until cleared (e.g. Cupcakes).
- avert special candy effects (e.g. Licorice Swirl).
- multiply (e.g. Chocolate).
The player must clear these Blockers. Nearly every level has at least one type of Blocker, and levels can have have a max of 6 types.
Most blockers make levels harder. For instance, Six-layered Ice Cubes require six hits before being destroyed and are one of the major obstacles in most levels.
However, blockers can benefit to your progress, such as Jelly Cake that, when cleared, takes a layer off all blockers and detonates all special candies on the board. In rare cases, blockers prove useful in Chocolate Levels and very necessary for other types of levels. For example, if the player wants to pass a chocolate level, they have to eat all chocolate on the board.
Some are easier to deal with, some harder.
List of blockers
You can click the blocker names so that you can see their information.
|Blocker||First level||Last level (outdated)||Properties|
|Liquorice Lock||?||?||Locks candies in place. Removed by matching 3 or more using the candy in it. Has different properties if it is on something without color.|
|Cupcake||9||1819||Maximum of five layers. The one-layered version is the easiest blocker to be cleared. Cleared by matching candies next to it.|
|Chocolate||76||Last Chocolate Level here||Brown Chocolate multiplies if not broken in a move. White chocolate spreads by one and adds a layer on an existing one layered piece if not broken in a move. The white one can have up to two layers and is independent from the brown one: If a match only breaks brown chocolate, the white chocolate will still multiply itself.|
|Cracker||76||Last Chocolate Level||Chocolate spreads within the area of the cracker. Once all of the chocolate were cleared within the cracker area, the cracker clears all the candies and detonates special candies. It is only available in Chocolate levels where brown and white chocolate, sometimes locked, were within a cracker.|
|Honey||31||?||Maximum of six layers. The one-layered version is the easiest blocker to be cleared. Can have candies or Liquorice Swirls in them. The comb honey is unlocked unofficially at level 35. Honey will be cleared if any candy next to it is destroyed, not necessarily by performing a match (candies destroyed by striped candies next to Honey, for example, will still affect it).|
|Liquorice Swirl||136||1825||Resistant to striped candies and colour bombs. First mobile blocker.|
|Bubble Gum||166||6356||Locks candy or multiplies if not broken in a move.|
|Candy Ice Cube||226||6370||Maximum of six layers. The one-layered version is the easiest blocker to be cleared. Has slightly different properties compared to Honey.|
|Jelly Cake||271||6368||Takes up 4 tiles and need 8 hits to destroy. When destroyed the cake will explode which clears the entire board.|
|Liquorice Link||391 and2831 (Yellow)||6370||Maximum of four layers. If one link in a chain of links is destroyed, the whole chain is destroyed with it.|
|Peppermint Stick||1106||6369||Maximum of nine squares. If all red stripes are lit up, it will explode.|
|3431||6370||Maximum of five layers. Cleared by matching candies next to it. It is the first multi-layered movable blocker in the game.|
- In levels with several sections, if the blockers don't belong to the current section after the player completes the level, all will be removed.
- Ironically, two-layered cupcake is presented in the initial layout before one-layered cupcake. However, one-layered cupcake can be seen if a layer is removed from a two-layered cupcake. This is the old version.
- New Version: One-layered Cupcakes are introduced at Level 9, and Two-layered Cupcakes Level 11.
- Peppermint Stick is introduced 715 levels further than Licorice Link, being the longest wait for the appearance of a new blocker in the game.
- Yellow Licorice Link is a slightly modified version of Licorice Link, its first appearance being Level 2831.
- Pancake appears in the game from Level 3431, being the game's first ever mobile multi-layered blocker.
|Candy Crush Soda Saga Blockers|